FBG is a type of distributed Bragg reflector constructed in a short segment of optical fiber that reflects particular wavelengths of light and transmits all others. This is achieved by creating a periodic variation in the refractive index of the fiber core, which generates a wavelength-specific dielectric mirror. A fiber Bragg grating can therefore be used as an inline optical filter to block certain wavelengths, or as a wavelength-specific reflector.
● Small size;
● Good wavelength selectivity;
● Large bandwidth Range;
● Insensitive to polarization;
● Easy connection with optical fiber system, small additional loss, good coupling.
● Fiber Bragg grating sensors;
● Fiber Bragg gratings used in fiber lasers;
● Process of matching active and passive fibers.